Terms and conditions for the pre-evaluation service
Who can be a beneficiary of this service?
For collaborative proposals submitted to any call of Horizon 2020, the beneficiaries of this service can be:
- The principal investigators of proposals participating as coordinators, who are currently staff member in one of the partner universities of RUVID or in a joint centre of the CSIC (The Spanish National Research Council) in the Valencian Region, provided the applicant entity is one of the universities associated to RUVID or a joint centre of the CSIC in the Valencian Region.
For individual proposals to ERC program, the beneficiaries of this service can be:
- The principal investigators of proposals whose applicant entity is one of the partner universities of RUVID or a joint centre of the CSIC in the Valencian Region.
For individual proposals to MSCA programs, the beneficiaries of this service can be:
- The supervisors of proposals, providing that they are currently staff member in one of the partner universities of RUVID or in a joint centre of the CSIC in the Valencian Region and the applicant entity is one of the partner universities of RUVID or a joint centre of the CSIC in the Valencian Region.
When can you request the service?
For pre-evaluation, the service must be requested with a minimum of two months before the deadline of the call.
The applicant researcher will send at least one month before the call deadline, the draft proposal written in English so that in can be pre-evaluated by the expert-evaluator selected. The timeline could be modified depending on the availability of the expert-evaluator.
What does the pre-evaluation service offer to the applicant researcher?
Neither the expert -evaluator or RUVID are liable for any claims by third parties (other partners in the proposal) that may occur related to this service. Neither will they be responsible, in any case, for the success or failure of the proposal.
The applicant researcher may refuse the assigned expert-evaluator, only once. If he/she refuses before the signature of the contract, RUVID can, exceptionally, assign another expert-evaluator. If he/she refuses after the signature of the contract, he/she won´t be able to request this service in the future and will cover 100% of the service cost.
The expert-evaluators are not required to travel to provide this service. If the applicant researcher considers it necessary, he/she may ask to be received in person by the expert-evaluator. The expert-evaluator is not obliged under any circumstances to accept the request for a personal interview.
However, if this occurs, the applicant researcher will cover all transport expenses related to the personal interview to be held at the working place of the expert-evaluator.
The pre-evaluation service ends when the expert-evaluator delivers the pre-evaluation report and the final report, if applies, to the applicant researcher. The latter commits himself/herself to provide RUVID with a copy of the submitted proposal with the registration confirmation from the Participant Portal. Furthermore, the applicant researcher commits to send to RUVID the evaluation report of the European Commission. If the applicant eventually does not submit the proposal to the European Commission, he/she will cover 100% of the service cost.
The pre-evaluation of a proposal will be monitored by staff of RUVID during the whole period of the service. In case of conflict between the applicant researcher and the expert-evaluator, RUVID staff may act as a mediator to ensure proper service delivery.
The expert-evaluator and RUVID, as the provider of this service, will expressly, by written, maintain confidentiality on the evaluated proposal.
The expert-evaluator will inform RUVID, before accepting the order, if there is any conflict of interest with the proposal that has been assigned.
There is a conflict of interest when:
- The expert-evaluator is involved in the preparation of the proposal.
- The expert-evaluator can be directly or indirectly beneficiary of the proposal if accepted.
- The expert-evaluator and/or their relatives and/or friends submit a proposal to the same call to which the applicant researcher presents a proposal.
About the expert-evaluators:
All the experts-evaluators providing this service have been evaluators of proposals to the European Commission in Research and Innovation Framework Programme (FP7 and/or Horizon 2020).
All the experts-evaluators registered in our database will receive training from RUVID regarding the characteristics and service procedure.
Experts-evaluators undertake to provide the service on a personal basis and may not delegate this service. The expert evaluators registered in the RUVID database, will accept, if so requested by RUVID, at least two orders per year unless there is a justified reason or a conflict of interest.