Proyecto: «Targeting RNA as an approach for treating retinal disease (RETORNA)».
- Possess a Master degree or an equivalent that allows the access to the doctoral program in the University they would like to candidate for (read the requirements for each University).
- Be, at the date of recruitment, a doctoral candidate (i.e. not already in possession of a doctoral degree). Researchers who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will not be considered eligible.
- Not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- Candidates can be of any nationality.
- Must comply with the following mobility rule: researchers are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e., move from one country to another) and participate in all the activities foreseen by the project when taking up the appointment (trainings, summer courses, annual meetings, lectures, participation in conferences, public activities).
- Specific requirements for each project are detailed in the following link.
Responsable del proyecto de investigación:
- DC1: Micro RNA expression, identification, and functional characterization under oxidative stress challenge in diabetic retinopathy. Host supervisor: Dr. Jorge Barcia González (Universidad Católica de Valencia, Spain).
- DC2: Targeting of diabetic retinopathy by micro RNA in a human retinal organoid model. Host supervisor: Dr. Zohreh Hosseinzadeh (Leipzig University, Germany).
- DC3: Expression of RNA based TrkB-aptamers for the treatment of age-related macular degeneration. Host supervisor: Dr. Sven Schnichels (Tübingen University, Germany).
- DC4: Study of micro RNA expression profile in Central Areolar Choroidal Dystrophy. Translational study using a new CRISPR-generated animal model. Host supervisor: Dr. Nicolás Cuenca (Universidad de Alicante, Spain).
- DC5: Designing of novel aptamer-based AT1R targeted therapeutics against retinal degeneration. Host supervisor: Dr. Serdar Durdagi (Bahcesehir University, Turkey).
- DC6: Prevention of premature photoreceptor cell death in CRB1 retinitis pigmentosa models by RNA modulation. Host supervisor: Dr. Jan Wijnholds (Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands).
- DC7: Examining Health Economic Impacts of RNA in treating retinal diseases. Host supervisor: Dr. Aileen Murphy (University of Cork, Ireland).
- DC8: CRISPR therapy in a retinal hereditary dystrophy. Translational study using an animal model and retinal organotypic cultures. Host supervisor: Dr. Natalia Martínez-Gil (Universidad de Alicante, Spain).
- DC9: Evaluation by RNA-seq-based approaches of the global role of microRNAs and of other noncoding RNAs in the human and mouse retina in both physiological and pathological conditions. Host supervisor: Dr. Sandro Banfi (Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Naples, Italy).
- DC10: Retinal miRNAs as molecular targets for the treatment of retinitis pigmentosa. Host supervisor: Dr. Javier Sancho-Pelluz (Universidad Católica de Valencia, Spain)-
Plazo de presentación: hasta el 19/03/23
Tipo de contrato: Full time. 36 months.
Departamento o institución en la que se llevará a cabo el proyecto:
- FUNDACIÓN UNIVERSIDAD CATÓLICA DE VALENCIA SAN VICENTE MÁRTIR (UCV), Valencia, Spain: 2 positions.
- UNIVERSITAET LEIPZIG (ULEI), Leipzig, Germany: 1 position.
- EBERHARD KARLS UNIVERSITAET TUEBINGEN (EKUT), Tübingen, Germany: 1 position.
- UNIVERSIDAD DE ALICANTE (UA), Alicante, Spain: 2 positions.
- BAHÇEŞEHİR ÜNİVERSİTESİ İstanbul, Türkiye: 1 position.
- ACADEMISCH ZIEKENHUIS LEIDEN (LUMC), Leiden, The Netherlands: 1 position.
- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE CORK – NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF IRELAND CORK (UCC), Cork, Ireland: 1 position.
- FONDAZIONE TELETHON (FTELE.IGM), Naples, Italy: 1 position.
Categoría: Biomedicina Óptica
Sorry! This job has expired.